RPG Addicts | We Know You're Hooked

Full Version: Chapter 1-5: Vault of Hate
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
Present: Giant, Lugar, Maul, Murkatos. The thread may contain spoilers for other players.

An impressive collection of arms and armor, seemingly intact, decorate the walls of this round room, all-around. The domed ceiling is obscured by heights but Lugar doesn't really bother to strain his eyes as there is a more imposing feature: a massive iron statue of a warrior in full plate, at least twelve feet high, leaning on an equally oversized greatsword. Facing Lugar, the statue is all threatening with its motionless body. Water level is the same as outside, washing around the knees of the statue.

(OOC - roll20 map updated.)
Lugar backs away cautiously as the door rises and readies his fighting pick.  When nothing jumps out at him he leans the pick against the wall and puts his tools away neatly.  "The door is opened but we should prop it up just in case.  There may be more traps.  There's a vault here with a giant metal statue.  This must be the place Murkatos spoke of."  Lugar will do another search of the passageway where the door was to look for another trap. (11)  However he's too excited about the shiny metal things he sees inside.

Ooc -  now would be a good time for Murkatos or Maul to detect magic.   Also, are there any large stones nearby that Giant and Lugar can place under the door?  Maybe one of his scimitars?
(06-07-2016, 08:46 PM)Lugar Wrote: [ -> ]Lugar backs away cautiously as the door rises and readies his fighting pick.  When nothing jumps out at him he leans the pick against the wall and puts his tools away neatly.  "The door is opened but we should prop it up just in case.  There may be more traps.  There's a vault here with a giant metal statue.  This must be the place Murkatos spoke of." 

Metal Giant? Gold? No undead? - he follows Lugar to see the room - Goods like you. There is an iron door, we can use it to prop this one.

ooc - detect magic, I agree, but how can we kill a metal giant? Wink I think it is not only a decoration. We should wait the others...Smile

ooc - DM, what was the missing detail you talking about? So we only have to turn them as first time but with PE and without natural 1 Smile
So we have a better chance if spellcasters support us in such situations Smile
Ooc - a rust monster Smile, can Toot summon that???
OOC1 - scimitars wouldn't keep the wall open. The closest things are the stone slabs from the sarcophagi but they are way too heavy to be carried over there.
The iron doors outside and inside are mounted too well to be able to unhinge them.

OOC2 - Lugar didn't mention gold, did he? Which word went awry in Giant's head? If it's "vault" then it means a tall area where you typically enter at the bottom. Another example for a vault is the cavern of the darkmantles. Underdark vaults are sometimes so high you can't see their top (sometimes even miles). From a different perspective, vaults may be chasms (underdark versions often called abyss) if you entered around the top.

OOC3 - You solved the puzzle by fiddling around and found the only one of the sixteen proper combinations. You noted earlier that the runes are different "somehow" but which one was the odd one out you could not figure... the loops of the runes always arch from bottom to top to bottom, and the shaft may be on either side. Prologue is no longer accessible but I will look up the crude picture of the gate there which featured the same rune set. There are examples for various shafts and auxiliary symbols.

OOC4 - AFAIK there's no summon spell that summons aberrations (druidic or otherwise).

Murkatos gets all excited about the news and rushes to the iron wall, passing the orc and the dwarf and looking inside, but not penetrating the boundary of the room.
"Yes, this is what I talked about. A war machine made of pure adamantine, propelled by arcane power."

"Wait!--" the priest says as he takes the stairs as well to look at what everyone else does (pretty much crowded there) but he's already late.
Trembling from excitement, the armorer approaches the statue.

And nothing happens.

OOC - please review your location on roll20; I just made assumptions.
"Yes, very nice, but how do you control a twelve foot tall metal beast?  Don't get hasty there, mage, and activate it until we know what language it speaks." Lugar will grab the excited wizard by the wrist when he talks to him.  (can you roll for me if needed please)
Ooc of we were in a battle you could do it with spring attack only. Move into his space, grapple, then move again. It's okay now but let me wait for Giant if he has something to add before following up.
(06-07-2016, 10:18 PM)DM Surranó Wrote: [ -> ]OOC2 - Lugar didn't mention gold, did he? Which word went awry in Giant's head? If it's "vault" then it means a tall area where you typically enter at the bottom. Another example for a vault is the cavern of the darkmantles. Underdark vaults are sometimes so high you can't see their top (sometimes even miles). From a different perspective, vaults may be chasms (underdark versions often called abyss) if you entered around the top.

OOC 2 - Didn't. Why? He said metal. Giant hoped it is gold statue :-) He is not an IQ champion. Wink

(06-07-2016, 10:18 PM)DM Surranó Wrote: [ -> ]Murkatos gets all excited about the news and rushes to the iron wall, passing the orc and the dwarf and looking inside, but not penetrating the boundary of the room.
"Yes, this is what I talked about. A war machine made of pure adamantine, propelled by arcane power."
Hm, adamantine. Never mind, it is as valuable as gold.

Giant stays next to Lugar and looks around (spot, listen). He is looking for a "key"-like item and for gold of course.
ooc - khm, adamantine construct, khm, khm, khm, run, run, run. :-)
So Lugar takes a step into the vault to grab Murkatos and Giant follows, stepping into the doorway? Or next to Lugar, into the room? Please mark on roll20

Sent from my HUAWEI SCL-L01 using Tapatalk
Ooc - Updated position in roll20. Lugar chased after him to prevent him from doing something else stupid. Giant, If we play dead it might leave us alone Smile
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11