RPG Addicts | We Know You're Hooked

Full Version: OOC - Rancor Pit (OoC Chat)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Been there, done that, got the t-shirt. It's easy to get worn out with a game, harder to find the passion again. I've found that most of the time a short break will help. A couple of days at most for me. I try to think about what it was that got me excited about the game in the first place. Sometimes just pushing past the hump would get me over it and I would get the feeling back again. I've run hundreds of games over the years on Plothook. As long as I had players, I was always able to keep things going. Sometimes it felt like a job.
I can't seem to access some character sheets on Mythweavers. I fear they may have been wiped in the last jedi purge Sad
Which ones?  I can see mine.
Checking mine

Checked my sheet viewers permissions. It says Nithard is allowed to view.. the sheet is still up, just privater. You should be able to view it when logged in to Myth-weavers.
I'm still working something up. Right now I have a soldier with force training focusing on martial arts and melee. I can't find anything, but I'm wondering if martial arts counts for weapon finesse.
Seeing your character here gave me the craziest idea for a game. What if characters from the different games on this site were suddenly transported into other games? Most 3.5 esque games would mechanically mesh okay, but others like Cyberpunk would require a little conversion. Would be funny if the Seven Keys characters popped up in Night City and their whole look changed to a more Cyberpunk style, SG has a mowhawk, Lugar wears a leather jacket with spikes and mirrored shades, Merri's sword turned into a sniper rifle etc. Okay, enough of that...

Okay, if you come up with something quick, I can place him/her in with Shunna Maza as one of the slaves or drop him/her in somewhere else. There is a fighting pit here. I'll look into your question.
No, Weapon Finesse and Martial Arts are treated as separate feats. Are you going for the Brawler talent tree? I just noticed the Stunning Strike talent, if you damage your target and your attack roll beats the target's damage threshold, it moves an additional -1 on the condition track. Whoa! I have found a few things that have been errata'd as I go through the system, so I will look into that. For instance, in the original book it says characters add half their heroic level to damage... That no longer applies.
(03-20-2017, 06:09 PM)DM Nerdred Wrote: [ -> ]For instance, in the original book it says characters add half their heroic level to damage...  That no longer applies.

I completely forgot about that anyways.   Tongue
(03-20-2017, 06:09 PM)DM Nerdred Wrote: [ -> ]No, Weapon Finesse and Martial Arts are treated as separate feats.  Are you going for the Brawler talent tree?  I just noticed the Stunning Strike talent, if you damage your target and your attack roll beats the target's damage threshold, it moves an additional -1 on the condition track. Whoa!  I have found a few things that have been errata'd as I go through the system, so I will look into that. For instance, in the original book it says characters add half their heroic level to damage...  That no longer applies.

I did not know that had been errata'd actually. Though At this point not sure the extra damage has been a huge issue.
I know this sounds sad, but I had no idea! Lol It makes me feel even worse now after neglecting this game, because the more I read about the rules the more I actually like them. The idea behind adding half heroic level in damage was justified in the original book as "because the players are heroes!" It also applied to major villains too. I might be okay with it if the ruling was 1/4 heroic level in damage, so a 4th level character deals an extra 1point on all attacks. I do like the damage threshold of this game though.