RPG Addicts | We Know You're Hooked

Full Version: Campsite: Missing Caravan
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I want to encourage role playing so I thought I would create a thread for extended conversations around the campsite.  Lets face it, PbP shines when people have a chance to role play with each other but it can be really boring when you aren't the one in the conversation. I thought this idea would allow the main thread to continue while the few people engaged in role playing with each other can carry on without feeling bad for holding up the game for the other players.  Make sense?

So when I'm pushing on with the adventure and you want to still role play with each other, feel free to move the conversation here.  Of course this role playing will provide experience points too.  PbP goes so slow I'm trying to find different ways of handing out xp without always resorting to combat (which also slows the game down considerably.)  This is why I will be throwing a variety of encounters at you.  Not all of which will you be expected to beat with brute force.  The bear for example.  You managed to scare it away without killing it.  So you scored xp in a couple of days instead of a combat that would have taken a week or more.  Anyways, I've babbled enough.  Enjoy.
Laying there looking up at the stars got him in trouble so he decides to try and rest.  'Lucky to be alive.  If it weren't for them, I'd be a dragons chew toy.  Not even sure how I saw it...Musta been divine intervention!  Hell! I can't even see a fleas dick away!, Let alone notice things in front of me!!' That witch better not be tryin' her hand at curses, or I be going back to cut her tits off!!' 

Mardak leans up suddenly, looking more than a little upset or fuming mad.  So he starts cursing to himself while looking for water, as perhaps water will cool his senses.  After draining one of his waterskins, drinking some, dunking himself with more.  An impromptu shower which allows him to shuck some of the blood off.   Keepin' up appearances and all.  Though the one thing he cannot cleanse from his body was the shame he felt.  The shame that he hurt his friend(s) by being a stupid heart-sick fool.

Mardak immediately gets up and purposefully walks over to the side where Betimi is resting.  He takes his hat off and sets it against his chest and says "I need to talk to you darlin' If'n yer willin' to listen."
"Not now Sir Mardak. I will accept your apology, but not now. Beast was not sacrificed just so you can get killed right away by not being at your best. To be at your best you need sleep, so go, get some rest, we will need your strength to rescue those captives tomorrow."

Betimi tries desperately to keep the anger from her voice. She knew the mortal mind to be a fragile thing. She knew intimately what it was like to stare into the emptiness of loss, what that could do to a mind.... and what insane things one would do in that moment.

I will not lose you. Do not worry.
His heart jumps into his throat and his eyes widen and he fumbles with his hat but it drops.  "You whaat??  B-Beast.  Its-He's gone?!?"
It all made sense why she was so mad at him and in that moment he had nothing to say.  He just stared for a minute or more standing there stunned.  At last words come to him, swallowing his pride.  "Why-Why??  Would you sacrifice your best friend for a heart sick fool?!"  

He slowly backs away.  Backing away in shame.  "Sorry to disturb you ma'am.  I will leave you be."